If you’d like to apply
Please review the Admission Criteria and House Rules to determine if you’re eligible.
- Must be male, 18 years of age or older and recovering from chemical dependency.
- Applicants are assessed as to urgency and at-risk of homelessness.
- Must be detoxified, in reasonably good health, sober for at least 30 days and preferably just completed a primary treatment program.
- Individuals who are receiving opioid replacement therapy will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Must accept and have a basic knowledge of their problem and be willing to make a change.
- Applicants must display sincerity, seriousness, and personal motivation towards recovery.
- Must accept a 12-Step Recovery Program as their long-term program of recovery and be prepared to follow it.
- Must be prepared to follow all house rules, agree to random drug testing, and sign contracts to that effect.
- No alcohol or non-prescription drugs allowed.
- Certain prescription drugs are not allowed and could lead to discharge.
- Anyone known to be drinking, using illicit drugs, or abusing prescription drugs, will be discharged from the house.
- Residents must provide the house manager with all pertinent information regarding any prescribed medication and must inform of any changes made throughout their stay.
- Physical or verbal abuse or threats will result in discharge from the house.
- After a reasonable adjustment period, each resident is required to seek work, further their education or participate in extracurricular self-help/recovery programs.
- Attendance of regularly scheduled in-house 12 Step Recovery meetings is mandatory.
- Residents are mandated to attend 2 outside 12-Step Recovery meetings a week.
- Participation and continuous work on short and long-term SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely) Goals.
- Residents will review their progress with ARI staff periodically.
- Residents must continually demonstrate a desire to grasp and develop a sober lifestyle.
- Residents are responsible for their own belongings and keeping their room in good order.
- Household chores are compulsory and shared equally by all residents.
- All residents must be up and about, and have their beds made by 8:00 a.m.
- Visitors are allowed between noon and 10:30 p.m. on the main floor only.
- All residents must be home by 12:30 a.m. weekdays and 1:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturday.
- All rent and house fees are due by the first day of each month.
- All residents must respect the confidentiality of others who live in the house. Disclosure of information about another resident will not be tolerated and may lead to discharge.
If you meet the Admission Criteria and agree to the House Rules, please download the ARI Application Package and submit the completed forms by email or fax.